showpiece n : the outstanding item (the prize piece or main exhibit) in a collection [syn: collector's item, piece de resistance]
A showpiece is:
- An accomplishment which is worthy of display and admiration:
- An outstanding example of a type:
- Beacon Hill Park in Victoria, British Columbia is considered a showpiece garden.
- A performance or composition which provides an opportunity for the display of a particular skill:
- A work of art or theatrical production presented for exhibition:
- In the satiric sense, a showpiece is a charade, a mockery, an empty or absurd pretense.